Voices 4 Mother Earth, Millemont, France
6–11 December 2015
Wisdom keepers call for unified action for the next seven generations
Millemont – The Voices 4 Mother Earth gathering led by wisdom keepers from around the world – Indigenous elders, scientists, farmers, youth and more – call for unified action to ensure that the next seven generations have a world in which they can live.
Young wisdom keepers Taimiroa Pajimola (center) and Lindar Winnie Otieno (right) , reading the Vision Statement of the Voices 4 Mother Earth gathering to the press on the Seine river in front of the Notre Dame on Sunday the Sixth of December.
We stand here as Voices 4 Mother Earth, who have gathered from all directions in Millemont near Paris, in a parallel event to the COP21.1
In our gathering we have experienced and acknowledged that WE ARE ALL ONE.
We are all indigenous to this planet, Mother Earth is sacred; she gives us everything. All we have to do is remember, and unify in action.
We have recommitted our love for Mother Earth to re-establish balance for all life. These are the sparks of motivation that guide us.
In order to create balance, we must first create it within and between ourselves.
We are clear that to heal our relationship to our Mother Earth is to heal our relationship to the Feminine.
By creating global balance, the children, the poor, the animals, and all of nature will thrive.
We weave our shared knowledge into practice, through our communities and lives, and through technology and open source environments.
We, the youth, are the seventh generation after the start of the Industrial Age. In consideration of the next seven generations, we are taking unified action now to assure that they have a world they can live in.
Today is the point from which we have the power to act. We are taking the lead. Please give us a hand. By joining intentions from all directions, it is already done.
LET’S PUT LIFE BACK INTO OUR OWN HANDS
Our unique gathering was dedicated to deep listening and sharing of ancient wisdom, natural laws and supporting technology to unfold a clear, unified and unprecedented new paradigm for humankind. Providing the direction and practice to restore and live well in balance with Mother Earth as well as calling for participation on a planetary scale.
It is clear that we are now at the eve of a planetary breaking point, a point of no return. When such a shift occurs, systems shut down with catastrophic consequences and there will be nothing human beings can do to reverse this.
It is evident that Indigenous Peoples are a vital part of the solution to restore our sacred relationship with our rapidly changing ecology. Eighty percent of our last pristine nature has been cared for and protected by generations of Indigenous peoples’ knowledge, experience and wisdom always with a strong spiritual connection to Mother Earth.
Through the gathering’s collective wisdom, we have recognized that with practical earth knowledge, experience and local community efforts we can take life back into our own hands by co-creating a better world with new initiatives.
Four hands of wisdom keepers from all directions bringing together earth, seeds, water and humanity – Image created by Theun Karelse and Maria Blaisse
For the next seven generations we commit to protect and restore Mother Earth for a more abundant and happy life. We know how Mother Earth’ systems function and that there is a strong relationship between healthy ecosystems, climate change, social sustainability, happiness, wealth and equality. We consider this to be the road to peace for humanity. Rural and urban self-organizing communities, livelihoods, neighborhoods and villages are the designated way for immediate action through full participation. Some shared initiatives include:
– Fostering Indigenous knowledge, teachings and practices – learning to appreciate a way of life that is in rhythm with our natural world;
– Ecosystems Restoration – educational/vocational base-camps where people learn and work to restore degraded landscapes, all over the world;
– Sharing critical knowledge and experience between existing self-reliant, thriving communities,;
– Bio-regional Marine Sanctuaries – redesigning of life space and habitats based on watersheds;
– Economy Transformers –putting value at the foundation of life;
– Critical State of Mother Earth report – most recent scientific data and recommendations.
– Community Based Food Systems – eco-agriculture, open source seeds, adaptation practices, connected to more than 4 million smallholder farmers honoring Mother Earth;
– Increased consciousness – personal and social development, rekindling the relationship with our (inner) nature, worldwide consciousness concerts;
– POC21 – Next generation: open source energy sources and technologies for the Future.